Thomas Seyfried PhD, a brain cancer researcher with over 25 years of experience in the field, gave a groundbreaking presentation [...]
Nightshades have a reputation as bad actors in a variety of chronic conditions, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and IBS. But [...]
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD, affects about 4% of children and about 2% of adults. ADHD is a complex condition [...]
Gout, once called “the ailment of kings”, because it mainly afflicted those who could afford a “rich” diet, now affects [...]
Public health officials and nutrition experts love to sing the praises of the virtuous cruciferous vegetable family. We are told [...]
Can food stabilize mood? Is there a diet out there that could prevent mania, mood swings, deep depressions, and uncomfortably [...]
Most people think of acne as “hormonal”—a normal part of adolescence that often lingers long into adulthood. However, while it [...]
Constipation / IBS-C are real problems which can cause significant inconvenience, discomfort, and even disability for some individuals. For most [...]
Meat-phobia is sweeping the country, and for good reason. Alarming headlines proclaiming that meat, especially red meat, was put on [...]
Is your diet working against your thyroid gland? Find out which foods interfere with healthy thyroid function and how to [...]
Hold on to your hats — this is going to be a wild ride… [...]
We are taught that meat is an unhealthy, artery-clogging, fattening, cholesterol-raising, heart-attack inducing, constipating, tumor-producing food that should be avoided [...]
Hello, and welcome to Diagnosis:Diet!
NEWS FOR MONTH OF MARCH 2014
This year I have been busy transitioning from Harvard University to Smith College and hope to return to regular postings soon.
A good time was had by all at the Ancestral Health Symposium in August 2013 in Atlanta! Unfortunately, video of my presentation entitled Brain Food: The Vital Connection between Diet and Mental Health cannot be made available, as the conference organizers experienced technical difficulties with the majority of the video recordings.
Videos of presentations from the 2012 Ancestral Health Symposium are available on vimeo. Below is my vegetable presentation–I hope you enjoy it!
Where are answers to food and health questions posted?
Future Topics Suggested by Readers:
My goal is to eventually get to all of these–thanks for the great suggestions!
- Dietary strategies for Eating Disorders
- Nutritional approach to Osteoarthritis
- Diet tips for GERD (partially covered in the blog post on constipation, but more coming in the future
- Best diet for Crohn’s Disease
- Is there a connection between Diet and Autism?
- How to manage the metabolic side effects of psychiatric medications
- What is the best diet for carotid stenosis?
- Are salad leaves good for you?
- Which is healthier–raw meat or cooked meat?
- Are raw dairy products healthier than processed dairy products?
- Are organ meats essential to the health of an all-meat diet?
- Are fermented foods (kombucha, kefir, kimchi, etc.) good for you? And, more importantly, why do they all begin with the letter K? To read about problems with histamine in fermented foods, click HERE.
- Do probiotics work?
- Is it true that eating alkaline foods is bad for you and that eating acidic foods is good for you?
- Nutrition and primary dystonia
- Rosacea, amines, salicylates, and glutamate
Hope this is helpful; thanks for visiting!
Download The Free Whitepaper
Top Ten Tips
For Healthy Eating
And Receive Updates From The Blog
Sign up for Diagnosis Diet Website Subscribers
Your info will not be shared with anyone.